Women In Trucking Association announced the winners of its second “I HEART Trucking” photo contest at their reception at the Great American Trucking Show.
This year’s theme was “Trucks are for GIRLS!” Photos had to include a truck and a female of any age. Seventy-one photos were submitted and 3,135 online votes for People’s Choice were cast.
“We received awesome photos this year and many photo captions told a story,” said Char Pingel, organizer of the contest and WIT director of member services.
- Winner – “Future Trucking in Training” by Brandy Noss
- First runner up – “Trucks are for GIRLS” by Susie De Ridder (Lyons)
- Second runner up – “Country Girls can Survive” by Shelia Shaw
- Winner – “Strong and Beautiful” by Jennifer Wozniak
- First runner up – “I Love Peterbilts because Mommy makes them” by Alison Cochran
- Second runner up – “Macknificent” by Heather Jones
Winners will receive a plaque. Sponsors of the photo contest and reception were Ryder System, Averitt Express, Republic Services, Dart Transit Company, Werner Enterprises and TruckerSam.