August was a mixed bag of trucking news, and that’s reflected in the most-read stories on Truckers News.
It was a month that saw three separate major drug arrests, and a tragic collision that claimed the lives of two truckers. A couple of trucking mishaps covered highways with chicken nuggets and fishing bait.
And, readers responded to a pair of touching stories: one about an older man turning to trucking to pay his wife’s mounting medical bills and another about truckers turning out to help a young man in need.
- Truckers busted for hauling $1 million worth of pot.
- Two truckers die in Mississippi head-on collision.
- Trucker busted for $5 million in pot by New Jersey troopers.
- At 87 he wants to start trucking to pay wife’s medical bills.
- FMCSA seeks approval for hours of service ‘pre rule’.
- What a catch!
- 94 new truck parking spaces added in southeast Texas.
- Truck loaded with bait crashes in Maine.
- Chicken nuggets spilled when train hits tractor-trailer.
- Truckers unite in support of truck-loving Wisconsin boy.